Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AoL Server on GW2 - Blackgate North America Server

+3
Logan
Kiera
neoteo
7 posters

Go down

AoL Server on GW2 - Blackgate North America Server Empty AoL Server on GW2 - Blackgate North America Server

Post by neoteo Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:10 am

I meet Liar Leader on mumble and we talked about this issues.

Liar is most probably going for Yaks Bend because GW2Guru forum is going there as well.

This is for me a good reason.

As i said in the other thread , i dont think the login and lag issues will last after release.

So we should chose a server for its community and not because is not popular , that was my approach when i chose crystal desert

Last edited by exanimo on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:57 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : server choice and pinned- Kiera)
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1595
City : Macau
Hobbies : Electric Devices
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

AoL Server on GW2 - Blackgate North America Server Empty Re: AoL Server on GW2 - Blackgate North America Server

Post by Kiera Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:44 am

So are you saying we aregoing to yaks? Im confused Sad
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

AoL Server on GW2 - Blackgate North America Server Empty Re: AoL Server on GW2 - Blackgate North America Server

Post by Logan Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:47 am

Yeah I'm confuzzled too. Is the guild server going to be in Yak's Bend or Crystal Desert?
Logan
Logan
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1021
Registration date : 2009-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:21 am

Please note ive asked neo for info separate frpm this thread as he has posted on leave board he will be on holiday during launch Smile
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:42 am

until 28 of august we still have time to brain storm it ...

the reason we chose crystal desert in the first place was because it was not popular, so it would have less lag and log in issues.

but now im thinking we should worry more about the community.

sorry for sounding so unsure, but I agree the whole guild should have a word on this.

crystal desert still is a option but i think we should consider other options until the date arrives or until we have a clear reason for why we are choosing that server.
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:46 am

So are WE going to decide for our guild where we shpild go, or are you also taking into account where the ally guilds are going?
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:51 am

from what I understand each guild is choosing their own server no matter what. at least liar leader told me they are going to yaks.

that give us no option if we want to keep all guilds in the same server, we have to follow them

neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:02 pm

Just because liar is on uaks doesnt mean we have to. whst about rlr and boom and heh? They go there too?
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:13 pm

It's also important to keep in mind that the activity on these servers is only for people participating in the beta. There is a very good chance that Crystal Desert, for example, would be sparse in the beta, but then become more populated upon release. Also, Kiera's point is also a very important one because I'm sure they'll add alliances in the future, so we should try to keep most of the alliance on the same server.
Logan
Logan
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:22 pm

Please keep in mind too, what worked in 1 for alliance may not in 2 if/when thst feature becomes available. maybe some guilds want to go their own way, lead their own alliance if it is n upcoming feature Smile
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Unholy Plasma Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:12 pm

Kiera wrote:Please keep in mind too, what worked in 1 for alliance may not in 2 if/when thst feature becomes available. maybe some guilds want to go their own way, lead their own alliance if it is n upcoming feature Smile

Indeed, even if we lose an alliance or two, there should be an influx of fresh blood. Whether they are new players or inactive GW1 players becoming active in GW2.

We'll just have to wait and see how the chips fall.

Unholy Plasma
Level 14

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 146
City : Friend Zone
Hobbies : Hoarding Items
Registration date : 2009-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:32 pm

So wait? Whats the deal with servers? Is it like we wouldn't ever come into contact with people on different ones? Or are they kind of like districts? Hows it all work?

Mighty
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1126
City : VA
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:40 pm

If thats the case (that people are going separate districts) and there isn't a formal alliance system yet perhaps we should go all our same way...to echo Kiera, its pretty obvious that the game will be very different. But its a new beginning. Perhaps it will result in a doing away with the Alliance but not the larger AoL community. Keep voice chat, keep forum up and such. Have people cross over the their respective guild or the guild they want to go into and go about our ways- contact maintained however! It'll be difficult to maintain things if eventually we have like 4 super guilds with 200+ members each....

but I don't want to add panic or uncertainty where there is no need... so what is this server thing about?

Mighty
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:40 pm

Mighty- servers are like worlds apart. my toon isnt going to encounter yours in a pve environ if we arent on same one, unless you guest me or i guest you to mine.
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:46 pm

Are they easy to switch to and from? Or are there like set servers for international guilds and stuff like that? I'm just kind of curious why we wouldn't choose to be on anything but the same one ya know? Lag was mentioned but isn't that normal?

Mighty
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:46 pm

And Kiera why don't you type in cyan anymore }=\

Mighty
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:01 pm

Lol im accessing from my phone during the day and too much effort Very Happy
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:42 pm

Mighty, servers basically are like their own worlds. So if I am in one server and you are in the other, we cannot talk in game unless we guest the other into our server.
Logan
Logan
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:25 pm

But I don't understand Logan...with recent advances in radio communication and the advent of privatized space travel we should be able to easily co-mingle. So if there are "worlds" and some guilds will be going different "worlds" its gonna be a funky transition...

Mighty
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:39 pm

Well if I interpret what kiera was saying correctly, then there are going to be some guilds, LIAR for example, who want to go to one server, while others to another server. So while we won't all be united on one server, we will all still be on here.
Logan
Logan
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:51 pm

So we'll have...

SOME guilds going to different servers SOME guilds going to our server SOME guilds may or may not join us as a AoL Bundle because of the lack of alliances/ no member limit.

To be honest I don't see how there can be alliances (at least in the way we know them) if they plan on not putting a member cap on guilds.

But as was mentioned and I feel is the general direction of this thread we should go to the server that's best for us/ do what we want to do- and who follows follows. The beginning months are going to be a firestorm with holiday season being especially crazy so a stable server is much preferred!

Mighty
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:56 pm

I also thing that community is something that we shouldn't bank on this early. i mean you can find good people just about anywhere and the same can be said about hooligans. And if people want community they join a guild. I don't think community is something we should use to judge one server as apposed to another.

Mighty
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:12 pm

Very true Mighty on finding good people anywhere. During the beta and stress I was in, I got helped and rezz'd all over the place on Henge by random people who were running by and vice versa. Is almost like your server acts as your alliance, but without the nifty Ally-Chat tab that restricts your typing to JUST those Guilds you're allied with.

It would be great if we all land on the same server to play, but with some choosing Yaks, others want to stay in Henge, and we're currently(?) cheering for the Crystal Desert (where BOOM will be hosting a Guild this last BWE weekend)..... you are right that we need to do whats right for this Guild. What do we want in GW 2? Where do we need to be server-wise to achieve it? What impact is the whole overflow going to have where if you log in and the server is full, you get bumped out to a shards area until a spot opens up.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:02 pm

LMFAOOOO I vote for Crystal Desert!! MY kinna mindset Very Happy
LOVEEEE their battle-cry for WvWvW
-----------------
Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:31 PM
Crystal Deserters, reporting in.
"ENEMIES ARE COMING! DROP YOUR WEAPONS AND RUN AWAY!"
Not really though. CD will be pwning come release.
-----------------

*chews on page* and another good post same site regarding the whole wvwvw powerhouses versus zergs O.o
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Amer Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:05 pm

For me I would hope we end up with like minded players. like Mighty said we might set up in CD but after awhile we might decide to go somewhere else where the community matches our values as a guild.

PS Hiya Mighty

PPS Hiya Logan!
Amer
Amer
Level 50

Male
Number of posts : 537
Hobbies : GW, Music, LOST, Killer Bunnies, My Family
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:06 pm

reminder though... switching a server requires 1800 gems(? that number right) per person to move to a new server.... and can only be done every seven days.
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Amer Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:33 pm

good point Kiera... So maybe we should focus on getting into the right community first off.
Amer
Amer
Level 50

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:36 pm

mhm which is why we need to research (all of us) the different NA servers and pick the one that will allow us room to wiggle (no overflow shards) but also have an active community
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:55 am

Also please note- since Neo will be travelling during the GW 2 Pre-Launch that begins 8/25, Ratche is going to stay up and secure AoL for us on whatever server gets decided for AoL.
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 am

Oh wow it costs to which servers?! That's actually quite concerning...I see why this is important. I feel like it'll be difficult to determine the success of anyone world. In the beginning its going to be crazy...folks may even try to monopolize entire worlds to have greater control on world bonuses. There could even become "PvP" worlds or stuff like that...with smaller communities but more experienced players. I think settling on a more popular server at first will prove more rewarding in the long run. Plus judging from what Amer said we'll always have people to interact with our lower level characters.

Just curious from those that have played the beta...are there any signs of "taboo worlds" or "servers" that seem to be beginning to cater to a specific type of player? Or just how many social pve worlds are there currently? I know there's 18 worlds but surely there has to be several main social hubs.

Mighty
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Amer Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:53 pm

Hey all, not wanting to step on anyone's toes... Just wondering if we could have a guild meeting to discuss GW2. I am wondering whats happening with AoL. A few questions I have are: How many people are switching over from AoL? What are people wanting to focus on? Officers? Goals and/or Mission of the Guild? Server? European members? That kind of stuff! I know I am not an officer but thought it might be a good idea to have a meeting so voices could be heard.
Amer
Amer
Level 50

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Melannie Stryder Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:36 pm

I think that is a fantastic idea, right there with ya on the questions Amer!
Melannie Stryder
Melannie Stryder
Light

Female
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 1027
Hobbies : running from dots
Registration date : 2009-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:55 pm

WE WILL BE LAUNCHING ON THE Blackgate SERVER North America.
make a note of this. Is where the officers/gl are going to set as their homeworld.
There will be a separate pinned locked post of people to whisper to get into the AoL GW 2 on launch!
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down