Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alliance GW2 Launch Party Week 17th-25th of August! :D

+6
neoteo
Elbryan Strongheart
vickster
Finnguala
Zero
Hennu
10 posters

Go down

Alliance GW2 Launch Party Week 17th-25th of August! :D Empty Alliance GW2 Launch Party Week 17th-25th of August! :D

Post by Hennu Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:13 pm

ALLIANCE GUILD WARS 2 WELCOME PARTY WEEK 17th-25th of August!

alien  cat  cheers  drunken  santa  rendeer  sunny  What a Face  I love you  flower

Kiera & Hennu here, we have hit our party planning heads together and we shall be your US + EU zone Party Secretaries updating this topic and helping to sort our biggest party together!! Very Happy It is time for all guilds of this awesome alliance to join together and host their most funniest/craziest/1337357 things along the week! Very Happy

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven

Friday 17th of August
- Hide & Seek by Aura [AoL]
4 PM EST
- Deep Run HM by Ratche [AoL] 7pm EST see separate sign-up thread for it!

Saturday 18th of August
- Flea Market @ AoL Gh from 4-5pm EST (kiera)

- Drakkar Lake VQ with cons 5pm EST (Kiera)

Sunday 19th of August

Monday 20th of August
- Alliance GW1 Farewell Screenshot Contest sign up startedClick info here

Tuesday 21st of August
- GW2 Stress Testing Tonigh!

Wednesday 22nd of August
- Elbryan's Cool Stuff aka Scavenger Hunt @ 4.30 pm EDT!
-----> Come to RLR Guild Hall for Item list!  Rewards for places 1-3: Gold + Materials for Destroyer Weapon, Consolation Reward for all participants! [RLR]

- Flea Market After the SCavenger hunt! [RLR]

Thursday 23rd of August
- GW2 STRESS TEST 4 pm-5pm EDT!!
- Nekkid Flare Battles Tournament! 5.30 pm EDT [HEH] (POSTPONED! ) Come to RoS GH (Imperial Isle)HERE infos

Friday 24th of August
- Mystery Event by Diablo [Liar] @ 3 pm EDT! Main reward: Materials for Obsidian Armor! JOIN!!!
- Hide & Seek by Finn @ 9.15 PM EDT [Liar] Check this topic

Saturday 25th of August - HUGE GATHERING IN GAME AND MUMBLE/GSC!!

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven

Whenever you got an idea for event/activity, choose a day & time when you host it, write a pm to us (recipients both Kiera & Hennu) if you want to brainstorm about it, or ask/suggest in this topic, or you can make a topic directly about it with, and we shall add it to this topic with the links to your own post!!

Let's Get The Party Started!!

Like a Star @ heaven Kiera & Hennu Like a Star @ heaven

Alliance GW2 Launch Party Week 17th-25th of August! :D GW2_launch_AoL

Last edited by Hennu on Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:19 am; edited 24 times in total
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female
Guild : Happy Enchanted Heroes
Number of posts : 441
City : Finland
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Ets Stuff :D
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down

Alliance GW2 Launch Party Week 17th-25th of August! :D Empty Re: Alliance GW2 Launch Party Week 17th-25th of August! :D

Post by Zero Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:06 am

will try to be there on 25th
Zero
Zero
Light

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1552
City : Las Vegas
Hobbies : Vydia games and music
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Alliance GW2 Launch Party Week 17th-25th of August! :D Empty Re: Alliance GW2 Launch Party Week 17th-25th of August! :D

Post by Finnguala Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Assign me a time! I'd prefer on Friday.

I have a "hide & seek" event, but the clues to where I am are Guild Wars 2 related. You need to know transition events / guild wars 2 events in order to know where I am! (a couple are just overarching lore questions, but you need to find me still!)

Hope I get some nice prizes! Smile
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1097
City : Mid-Atlantic USA
Hobbies : Enthusiastically dancing to Marina and the Diamonds and fawning over Troye Sivan
Registration date : 2010-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by vickster Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:22 pm

hmmm Finn took my idea... can we hold two hide and seeks?? Mine NON GW2 related?? lol... if not, I'll try to host something else...Aura
vickster
vickster
Level 75

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 782
City : Worcester Ma USA
Hobbies : reading, time with kids
Registration date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnguala Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:30 pm

vickster wrote:hmmm Finn took my idea... can we hold two hide and seeks?? Mine NON GW2 related?? lol... if not, I'll try to host something else...Aura

Hide and Seeks are always fun! Different days would be best, but I see no problem they are always enjoyable Very Happy
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male
Hobbies : Enthusiastically dancing to Marina and the Diamonds and fawning over Troye Sivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:00 am

What!?! You both! And I was gonna host a hide and seek too!!

Lets change the week name to; Alliance Hide and Seek week!

xD

It is possible to hold these all, Finn and Aura post yours first, pick date (btw there is two fridays available). I dont necessarily need to hold the hide and seek cause there is something else I wanna host for last time in Gw1. Guess what it is Very Happy (picking thursday 23rd)
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Elbryan Strongheart Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:33 am

WHAT??? I was gonna host a hide.....Nah just kidding. RLR will try to host something on tuesday or wednesday. Working on details atm.
Elbryan Strongheart
Elbryan Strongheart
Level 38

Male
Guild : The Lords Of Dragon Heart [RLR]
Number of posts : 389
City : Utica, New York
Registration date : 2010-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by vickster Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:10 pm

I'll kick it off on the 17th since I have vacation that week and will be spending it at home....lack of $$$ but Day care needs the time off...oh well... so just pick a good time and I will get the ball rolling!!! Aura
vickster
vickster
Level 75

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:26 am

@ Elbryan: LOOOL, noo you got my hopes up about another Hide&Seek! xD And ok, nice let me know when you ready to book time Smile

@ Aura: Ok, great! I put you to 17th, and lets say..afternooish your time? 4 pm EDT? Cant wait to try come find you!

Yayy, activities start filling on list Smile
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:22 am

August is here! We need more hide and .. I mean activities! Very Happy

Any guild looking forward to host either Quiz or Screenshot Contest? What about Lottery or scavenger Hunt?

Finn, which Friday you wanted again for your event?

Also we must take an Alliance Group Picture, a mega gathering on 25th!! Very Happy
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:24 am

im already planing on buy a laptop just so i can login on that day during my travel :p
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1595
City : Macau
Hobbies : Electric Devices
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:08 pm

Yeah you gotta pose in the picture and join some stuff you can!! Very Happy
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnguala Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:17 pm

Could you change my date from Friday to Tuesday (the 21st)? My brother's birthday is the 24th, and I'm thinking about it: I don't want to risk anything we might do for his birthday coinciding with my event.
Thanks!

I'll think more into a specific time, what is the best time for most everyone to be on? I'm assuming later in the evening.
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:13 pm

If its around 4-5pm EST, then theres chance many EU's also still up for it! Like meeeeeeee! Very Happy But yeah you should focus on a time you catch most from your own time zone.. some I'm guessing somewhere afternooish-evening.
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by vickster Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:43 pm

Is there anyone else interested in hosting an event??
Possibly a Throwdown???
GW2 Contest??
Quizzes??
Best GW1 photo??
Dance party??
Let's get this party started!
This may be the only time we all get together as an Alliance
So let throw it off with a bang!!!

cheers cheers cheers cheers
vickster
vickster
Level 75

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnguala Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:10 pm

Don't forget, the party can branch into the actual game too (right?)
I want to see Bubba again and have a group shot one last time before Guild Wars 2!
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:01 pm

We ARE stepping into the game together, waiting the countdown go down..and WOOHOO, party indeed continues into GW2 Very Happy! Everyone Together xD!
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Elbryan Strongheart Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:16 pm

depending on which countdown is correct I may or may not be able to move to gw2 right at launch time with ya's. one is midnight pdt (fb) and the actual gw2 sites countdown is noon edt.
Elbryan Strongheart
Elbryan Strongheart
Level 38

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:22 pm

You are getting Noon EDT and I am getting Noon CST and in reading comments I see other people are getting noon as well, so I think the website clock is erroneously adjusting for our location. This is quite annoying.

I am hoping what they state on their facebook is what is accurate: Facebook Announcement

If that announcement is correct, this countdown clock should be accurate: Countdown Clock Fixed

It is extremely frustrating that the actual website countdown is bugged.

edit: Every thing I can find points to 00:00 PST. And the website countdown is incorrect and is telling everybody 12:00 noon no matter what time zone they are in. My money in on the midnight time.

edit 2: This is about as official as I can find. There are several Twitter posts from GW2 confirming that it is 8/25/2012 at 00:00 PST. Guild Wars Twitter

edit 3: link for the countdown was wrong, fixed it.

Last edited by The Beau Brothers on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:52 pm

you mean our clock in the portal ?
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:56 pm

I forgot you embedded one in the portal. But, we were talking about the "official" countdown on the Guild Wars 2 site (officially broken). https://www.guildwars2.com/en/ It is showing noon for everyone.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:04 pm

ahh ok .. im sure the servers will open a bit before the announced time as they always do ...

the hardcore will have to keep trying every minute one or two hours before
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by vickster Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:48 pm

well... if I'm getting up for 3 am... GW2 had better be going.... if this is incorrect.... please let me know. No one likes a tired grumpy po'd Aura!!!
vickster
vickster
Level 75

Back to top Go down

Post by Amer Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:24 am

I plan on being on all night from about 4 hours before. Its gonna be epic!
Amer
Amer
Level 50

Male
Number of posts : 537
Hobbies : GW, Music, LOST, Killer Bunnies, My Family
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:02 am

The main site..according to that, its about 12 aka noon for me then, so thats fine. I wake you all up in mumble just so we enter when it open (and scream) Very Happy
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Unholy Plasma Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:59 am

Hennu wrote:The main site..according to that, its about 12 aka noon for me then, so thats fine. I wake you all up in mumble just so we enter when it open (and scream) Very Happy

I wouldn't trust that timer. ANet have stated the Game opens at 00:00am PST on the 25th which is 8am BST for me but the site still claims it's at 12pm.

EDIT: For those of you looking forward to headstart, it will begin on August 25 at 00:00 PACIFIC Time. ~RB2

Might as well add the quote.

Unholy Plasma
Level 14

Male
Number of posts : 146
City : Friend Zone
Hobbies : Hoarding Items
Registration date : 2009-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnguala Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:26 am

What would be good prizes for this event? I need ideas...people aren't still working on their HoM I assume, so I'm not sure what to give! Need ideas Surprised
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:20 am

Diamonds, Obsidian Shards, Ectos.

Oh whoops I just listed things I want and need. Shiny jewelry, yum!

Okay but seriously those are like, easy to get rid of things even when person dont collect them anymore. Aka always someone needing Diamonds to craft Destroyer weapons, or Obsis for Armor Very Happy!!

Oh oh and Zkeys might be "hot" item too. Razz
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:35 am

Saturday 18th August 4pm - 5pm EST @ AoL GH - Flea Market! buy, sell, trade, give away stuff to your fellow Allies cuz you can't take it with ya into 2!! If you don't need or can't use it, betcha someone else can!
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Elbryan Strongheart Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:35 am

ooooh I forgot about fleas!! I may copy that idea for the 22nd as well. Very Happy
Elbryan Strongheart
Elbryan Strongheart
Level 38

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:06 am

Crappppp Hen or a Mod can you fix the main post, I broke it on my phone! thank you Smile
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:11 am

YAY Kiera & Elbryan! Fleas are always warmly welcome!! Very Happy
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:39 am

Rofl, tell me about it! I am om my phone too! And this isnt even a smart phone (not to mention the user)

I think I fixed it Very Happy! Gonna check when home..yeah at work..*cough*
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:51 pm

Hii! I am getting my comp upgrades FINALLY installed tonight but sadly since new harddrive comes, I also install Windows 7 (again), so I hope this all is done in 3h so Aura I wont miss your Hide & Seek!! 3 hours to go now, Yiiikes! Very Happy (Hennu go go go stop posting forums and unplug yer comp!)
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:06 pm

SOO sorry for triple posting but, Yayyy I made it with new comp upgrades and in game and now starts Aura's Hide & Seek!!!

Everyone Join!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by vickster Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:29 am

Hide and seek went well.... Gratz to all the winners and participants!!! cheers
vickster
vickster
Level 75

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:24 am

Thanks Aura of Fridays Hide & Seek session! It was very nostalgic to go to those places and see them once again, especially the bridge in Granite Citadel, or for example, commonly misspelt Tahannakkai Temple! Or Gwens and Thackerays wedding ceremany place Very Happy! I was fastest once!! Very Happy OMG. (If only brains were as fast as the new computers outpost loading times..)

Thanks Kiera for hosting the Flea market! I found a lot of items that I needed and there were so generous sellers! I also had something to hand to Zero (Lovely, very dusty Elonian LEather Squares xD), but nobody wanted my bunnys Fleas. Stuff made me think that I should seriously consider emptying my storage chars, perhaps there is a chance I could change old habits before I hop in GW2, aka..ITEM & STUFF HOARDING!! Very Happy
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by vickster Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:52 am

OMG Same here Hennu... I got more stuff than I know what to do with... (just don't look at me real life house) affraid
vickster
vickster
Level 75

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnguala Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:51 pm

[color=#6700ff]Somebody help me with the timing of my event! The stress test is most inconvenient, lovely, but inconvenient. I don't want it to coincide with Elby's event, and I wish for it to be accessible to EU members as well! (Friday is a no-go though, I'm working).

----------

Will the Nekkid flare battles be done by 5 PM EST? If so, that would be ideal to host my event...
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:05 am

Ok being totally selfish here: I would really wanna join ur hide & seek Finn! i am aiming tha Nekkid stuff is over 5.30 pm EST (bit more or less), then I will be on and most likely some other HEH too so would that work for you?

Other option is tonight after Stress but then its prolly no-go for EU's, but more convenient for US perhaps.

Which one u choose?

Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnguala Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:18 am

5:30 EST - 6:00 EST start sounds like it can work well, EU players as well. Doesn't seem like another team would work! (Since I'm busy Friday). Sounds good though Smile
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:22 am

Okay, you are booked on Thursday then! Very Happy Tonight we can practise in GW2 for your hide & seek xD!
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:32 pm

2 Updates to our events!!

GW2 Stress Test Suddenly appeared so go there tonight from 4pm EDT- 5pm EDT! Very Happy

After that, around 5.30 pm EDT will be nekkid Flare battles!

We planned with Finn that Finns event, Hide and Seek is moved to Friday 9.15 pm EDT! Right nicely before Launch should be!! Very Happy
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down