Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alliance and Server

+11
Hennu
Captain Ozone
Unholy Plasma
Finnguala
Blank De Ratche
Melannie Stryder
Dijabouti Jiggle
Elbryan Strongheart
Kiera
Freeze_XJ
neoteo
15 posters

Go down

Should we make one Guild with all the members from the alliance ?

Alliance and Server I_vote_lcap41%Alliance and Server I_vote_rcap 41% 
[ 18 ]
Alliance and Server I_vote_lcap36%Alliance and Server I_vote_rcap 36% 
[ 16 ]
Alliance and Server I_vote_lcap23%Alliance and Server I_vote_rcap 23% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 44

Poll closed

Alliance and Server Empty Alliance and Server

Post by neoteo Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:15 am

We have 2 main questions , one is what server the alliance goes to, and the other is how are we going to work as a alliance on gw2.

I think server selection is not as important as alliance having a structure on gw2.

ALLIANCE

Each guild can create their own guild and we can meet on the forum, mumble, steam chat, xfire , etc etc ... and wait for arena net to implement something like a alliance that will merge us into one in-game system again.

Or According to this http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild the guild limit is now 50 and can be upgraded to 500.
I dont think our alliance as more then 500 active players, so i still think it would make sense to merge everyone into one guild.

Imagine if we can pull out of this alliance a near 500 members guild

i eard many of you talking about guild traditions , guild caracter , guild rules , guild colors , guild sex orientation , guild everything ... but we have one thing in comum, and that is to have fun, that is what made this alliance right ?

SERVER

After the last and final beta event we came to the conclusion that crystal desert was not a unpopular server and it was full after a while.
it was also true that all US servers got full at some point ?
Did anyone tried the guest system in anyway ?

For Reference here goes the links from other threads
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/32389-world-choice-guilds-and-communities/
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World

Please explain your pool selection and pick a server from the wiki list, if possible give a reason for server selection. Even if its just , i think it will be empty.

My choices are , we make one guild with everyone on the alliance and we move into a server that we can all fit in ... i have no clue how to chose a server that we can be sure it will have space for us.

neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1595
City : Macau
Hobbies : Electric Devices
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

Alliance and Server Empty Re: Alliance and Server

Post by Freeze_XJ Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:30 am

Discussion in HEH is still ongoing, so best I can do here is give my own opinion on the matter.

One big guild will not cut it, simply because you cannot follow the chat there at the same time, and most of us are quite attached to their own guild, with the alliance coming (distant) second. So they would probably only look at the AC when there is nobody at all in their own guild (which will be rare, unlike GW1 now).

That makes the idea of an alliance (with its communication as a vital part of it) useless, so I think Anet doesn't offer us a good way to keep the alliance alive in GW2. The option then is either to disband the alliance, or to look elsewhere for options. Steam for example offers the option to chat, and occasionally voice-chat (i'm not a huge fan of that, because of the noise involved for surroundings, and requiring a headphone, which I prefer not to wear). Add Mumble or Ventrilo to that for the real voice stuff, and I think we are quite set. Steam of course comes with its own set of problems, mainly that you cannot see it well if you have GW maximized. There are solutions for that (either alt-tab around, or have GW run windowed, or just idle somewhere else Razz, I'm not quite sure about the overlay, haven't tried that), and I think it offers a better chance than just killing the alliance.

As for servers, I think an euro-server is preferable, because most of our members are European, so the American servers will be quiet at best when we're awake. I would hate to wait until late in the evening to see activity, and that goes for probably everyone with a job starting in the morning. So far Lakeside looked good, not very busy, but enough life to make things interesting.

As said, only my opinion...

Freeze_XJ
Level 7

Male
Guild : Happy Enchanted Heros
Number of posts : 78
City : Cheesehead Country aka the Netherlands
Hobbies : pestering computers
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:33 am

My suggestion is go to same server if we want to maintain an ally-feel, but resist the drone mentality of a mega guild and allow each at least the chance to have a valid presence in GW 2.
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Elbryan Strongheart Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:55 am

RLR's Collective mind is made up. We have decided to keep our own identity in GW2 . We've spent 6 yrs making it what it is and we can't give that up. If we all join together in a secondary guild to keep the ally together for alliance party ups and alliance events until an alliance option is available, then sure We the leaders and officers at RLR Will allow members to participate, but overall they will be expected to represent RLR for the majority of their time. As I mentioned previously, I still think our best bet is to use mumble/steam/vent or other and the ally forums to keep us together. I love a great many of you in the Alliance as gw/gw2 friends and hate the thought of losing contact with you all and a good many I consider friends socially outside of gw/gw2. I'll accept any invites sent to me from this Alliances guilds and would love to and will spend time in each. but overall my focus will be what is best for RLR. As for server I can't say. Seems whichever we choose ends up full early and only about 1/3 of us can get in. Henge has been RLR's fallback on the bwe's but otherwise I'm open for any.
Elbryan Strongheart
Elbryan Strongheart
Level 38

Male
Guild : The Lords Of Dragon Heart [RLR]
Number of posts : 389
City : Utica, New York
Registration date : 2010-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Dijabouti Jiggle Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:14 pm

I'm with Kiera and Rick. The start of GW2 is the prime opportunity to grow our own guilds with new members. I think it would be incredibly easy to maintain the alliance via the forums and mumble. I've played other MMOs where there is no option for alliances and they're maintained via a forum and shared voicechat.
Dijabouti Jiggle
Dijabouti Jiggle
Level 34

Female
Guild : The Lords of Dragon Heart [RLR]
Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2010-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:14 pm

Btw out of curiosity... The prev threads that have been removed indicated RLR, BOOM, and HEH planned to create in GW 2. Liar will as well. Why this new poll?
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:22 pm

Because now we know a guild can hold 500 people, the guild limit was the only reason for not doing it in my opinion..

neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Melannie Stryder Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:41 pm

I'm with Kiera and Rick on this one as well. Every guild in our alliance has it's own presence and mind and they should be allowed to continue to grow. GW2 is a great way to bring members in guilds even closer than before, everyone working together to figure new things out. also, what with members in our guilds having gone silent waiting for this release, it will be good to have our newer and older members connecting and building up a strong guild.

Server wise, I honestly have no clue, having not been able to participate in the beta events, so I'm good with whatever AoL decides to do! Very Happy
Melannie Stryder
Melannie Stryder
Light

Female
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 1027
Hobbies : running from dots
Registration date : 2009-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:21 pm

We cant discount what each gl previously stated because now the cap can go to 500, that was never the issue. the prev discussions were about walking away from all existing guilds to fold into a single one which was deemed unacceptable. The poll is flawed too as its not up to an unnamed majority vote to decide one way or another, its each Guild and then the individuals in each Guild (oh and all forum accounts can vote, regardless whether still in an allied guild here or not Smile
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank De Ratche Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:04 pm

I don't see it working. In a perfect world yes. From the things I've heard there are going to be different focuses for different groups in GW2. I'm thinking one mega guild would be unrealistic. 500 members would be really hard to jeep up with. I like the idea of an alliance server, but even there I don't see it happening. Maybe an idea would be to split up by interests, mostly pvp players go one place pve another, etc.
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1444
City : Florida
Hobbies : GW
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnguala Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:09 pm

I'd really like to flip (represent) to an alliance guild for alliance-wide activities...

Just make sure the officers and such can notice if somebody isn't representing their own (real) guild (i.e. [Liar], [AoL], [BOOM], etc.)... in lenient accordance though, not to impose on the members if they have other groups of friends. It shows the strength of a guild and its members if the individual members know to represent their own guild and raise its own reputation.

That's my opinion, I really want us to have a collective place for alliance activities.

Last edited by Finnguala on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1097
City : Mid-Atlantic USA
Hobbies : Enthusiastically dancing to Marina and the Diamonds and fawning over Troye Sivan
Registration date : 2010-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Unholy Plasma Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:37 pm

I think in this case, Finn is right. Most Alliances want to keep their identity when moving to GW2. I can see the benefits of using a thrid party program - mentioned in another post - to keep things organised and manage the Alliance guild - if there is one -

The good news is, we can always bolster our list with all the new vic...I mean players.

Unholy Plasma
Level 14

Male
Number of posts : 146
City : Friend Zone
Hobbies : Hoarding Items
Registration date : 2009-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Ozone Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:10 pm

As of right now I have about a dozen members that want BOOM to continue into GW2. Some of which not wanting to join AoL, so BOOM will be moving into GW2. Some of my members are euro players and are thinking of joining a euro server for the PvP benifits and chance of less lag. Thats not a problem with me. The guesting option that wasn't available in the last B.E.W. will solve that. I do like the Idea of maybe , the Leaders and some Officers joining the other alliance guilds to maintain the connection. The Idea of getting as large a group of players as possible in the same server is also very good. The last B.E.W. A-Net reduced the # of servers and supposedly raised the population caps. All servers filled fairly quickly . I saw Henge of Denravi seemed to be one of the last servers to fill on each of the days. It seems something like ventrillo will be the only real link as of now to keep the largest amount of alliance members (in touch). With regard to influence and such. I play this and other games to relax and seek enjoyment, A player should place his or her influence where they believe it to be deemed at that time. I am pretty laid back , and won't care if a person is a member of BOOM and places influence elsewhere, as long as they are friendly, have fun, and help out when they can in group activities. [ My 2 cents worth] Thank You..
Captain Ozone
Captain Ozone
Level 5

Male
Guild : The Warlords Destruction
Number of posts : 53
City : Thousand Oaks
Hobbies : Video Games, Martail Arts, Golf
Registration date : 2010-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Unholy Plasma Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:23 pm

Captain Ozone wrote:As of right now I have about a dozen members that want BOOM to continue into GW2. Some of which not wanting to join AoL, so BOOM will be moving into GW2. Some of my members are euro players and are thinking of joining a euro server for the PvP benifits and chance of less lag. Thats not a problem with me. The guesting option that wasn't available in the last B.E.W. will solve that. I do like the Idea of maybe , the Leaders and some Officers joining the other alliance guilds to maintain the connection. The Idea of getting as large a group of players as possible in the same server is also very good. The last B.E.W. A-Net reduced the # of servers and supposedly raised the population caps. All servers filled fairly quickly . I saw Henge of Denravi seemed to be one of the last servers to fill on each of the days. It seems something like ventrillo will be the only real link as of now to keep the largest amount of alliance members (in touch). With regard to influence and such. I play this and other games to relax and seek enjoyment, A player should place his or her influence where they believe it to be deemed at that time. I am pretty laid back , and won't care if a person is a member of BOOM and places influence elsewhere, as long as they are friendly, have fun, and help out when they can in group activities. [ My 2 cents worth] Thank You..

Agreed, and it's always sad to lose members as it's going to happen when we switch over to GW2.

Unholy Plasma
Level 14

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:26 pm

the pool was not to make a decision out of it , it was just to have a feel of what people think about this idea. I agree that is unrealistic but being this a game my hope for unrealistic dreams will always try.
We are all going to do what is in our reach, i understand that.
I always had this vision of the alliance being a big guild but it was never like that.
Each guild as its own pride just like each member within a guild. Members change guilds and guilds change alliances.
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:39 am

HEH will go to GW2, that was written in stone 7 million years ago, a stone that we found from HEH gh. So therefor having only one guild in alliance doesn't get my vote. Each guild continuing in GW2 is something I see is best, and we make alliance same what it is in GW1. 

My dedication and influence that I gather will go to HEH. I don't see me gathering it to anywhere else for a loong time from launch, as there are very interesting Guild Upgrades we can seek together as guild.

There are players who find 500 members "terrifying" idea and there are players who find it "friggin cool" idea. Having the option of alliance gathering place is good. Like I actually suggested to all leaders at the Leaders section of this forum, we could try this: start using Steam program and create a community page there, to support this transition time of alliance, until A-net creates us something in game. People come and go in game but can always join the group chat of the steam AoL group. This my suggestion cause I found that Steam supports & helps HEH in many awesome ways.

Something that we shortly talked with some of the officers was Guild Privacy. Some of us guilds don't wish to be open for everyone to join, and are a tight circle of friends. Neoteo, does whole original AoL guild want to be mixed with other guilds? If not, just create AoL guild from the launch, AoL that is just for AoL. Also, make Alliance of AoL. Invite All AoL members first to AoL and then seek names of current alliance leaders and invite us to that alliance group you created. Create ranks that suit the group. Then the leaders invite in everyone from their guilds who wants to join. Then we have made an actual, in-game effort to bond us. We all live our lives forward in our own home guilds, but as we see familliar names stocking up in Alliance AoL-guild, we can whisp them or hop in to represent and chat. We could even gather weekly to test GUEST-possibility (because for example HEH goes to EU world, of which we make final decision near launch) and take group pictures in various places. Last beta I was experimenting Hide & Seek, and that will be an awesome event, heh heh.., not to mention Screenshot Contests. 

Some guilds might start recruiting from start, and therefor it wont be balanced how many members from each guild joins the alliance group. Thats why leaders + and several officers from each guild is important to have there in start, so we continue the Pyramid-chain-of-command type of thing when gathering. I guess there are a lot of things to decide or make a rule about if we decide to make that Alliance gathering place, for example if member leaves a guild, we must remember to kick from the Alliance group..or NOT? Hehe.. 

Day by day we will see after launch how it will work out. If many feel the same: don't wanna lose touch with alliance, remember that phone works both ways, can't expect that everything is offered on a silver plate for you so make your own effort to stay in touch!! Keep in mind: Friendlist Friendlist friendlist, and these forums. (And hopefully Steam Wink )

Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female
Guild : Happy Enchanted Heroes
Number of posts : 441
City : Finland
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Ets Stuff :D

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:34 am

thank you hennu , reading your post inspired me to something even more astronomical ( insert evil laughter here )

i was dreaming small when i had the idea to pack us into a tiny 500 man guild.

what we can do is each one creates their own guild , and we create the alliance with our third party means ... and then each guild grows to be 500 ! this means we can reach 4000 members with our current 8 guilds !!!

im joking , but yes i guess this is a good option too , since anet will eventually add alliances into to the game.
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:36 pm

Well the honest fact of it is of a "500 member alliance" how could we be sure if people want to be part of a mega guild. There's a lot of issues. What about activity? I bet you only one fifth of our totally membership are socially active. What about choice? As stated this is an oppurtunity to start fresh, and if guilds had decided to continue on in GW2 then the will do so. What if we give people the option to join the composite guild? That's there own choice. The only thing we need to decide is...

If your guild is continuing on in GW2...
What server you will be playing on...
If you want to be part of a "composite guild"...

Its all up to a guild's current leadership and more importantly the individual players. Lets let people make their choice- and lets keep people in the loop. This poll is not needed but the discussion probably is.

I think the talk boils down to, does anyone want to join AoL 2.0 in GW2 so that we can stay together. Though this is an admirable gesture- as a leader guild we need to give people the choice to follow their endeavors and make their OWN decision.

Mighty
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1126
City : VA
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnguala Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:33 pm

I thought it was by choice anyway... it is your decision what guilds you are in after all...
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male
Hobbies : Enthusiastically dancing to Marina and the Diamonds and fawning over Troye Sivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:47 pm

LOL Neo, yikes, about HEH's add to that, you count minus 450, cause remembering names of even that 50 players can start to be difficult, not to mention 500 names!!! But yea, for example.. *COUGH* Steam Group *COUGH* is something that suits large amounts of players in that case. And you aren't forced to join activities but its easy to announce activities and easy to read them in steam group page.

Mighty I agree and that is what I also mean. We start GW2 and things will fall into their comfortable place when we start getting comfortable in the Game! It is just nice there is actually something waiting for everyone that wants to be alliance still, even if its "just a guild" that you "have to become" a member of. And its nice for everyone to just play the game and enjoy in atmosphere and group that they chose and find staying comfortable.

The poll is bit confusing..yes. I must confess, I voted no... more like.. "NO!!!" because I was seeing the question as: "should we all forget our guilds and make 1 big guild..Only one guild." But I am not saying a complete NO to alliance gathering place. :O In fact, once we have set our guilds back in business and got "stuff going on", there are bunch of ideas what we can do. The supersocial people should definately gather to the big place, and everyone should respect that the less social can have their privacy and don't have to join. And sometimes people have really social mood and sometimes completely opposite, so its not all so black and white, lotsa grey areas here.

@ Finn, I guess Mighty's statement, was at.. that it was starting to sound that we speak here about members, inviduals, as a mass of people, like items that we here decide by a poll where they go. Pardon if I am wrong but it soort of gave that kind of feeling, and imo it was important to state that let's first wait what each guild and all members inside them decide whats best for them Smile.

But for the alliance, I guess our future activities of that alliance guild could be (If I may suggest Very Happy):

Gather influence to gain guild upgrades like, vault etc.
You seem to get little bit influence even by just loggin in, and I assume that you get them even if you log in to many guilds you are member of. Members of the alliance could log in, and even play something to get more influence, if they want. Free will of choice.

Help alliance member trough dungeon when its possible:
"Oh hey I see from Alliance roster list, that lvl 70 guy from Liar is online, my guildies went to bed, gonna ask help for dungeon!". Sometimes you are up late or up very early. Depending of time zone, it can be that your guildies already went to bed but you are having a free day tomorrow and can stay up like "a pro gamer" :O. It would be cool that those players could be member of this alliance guild where there is always someone online (I assume). Then we get "Alliance Bank" and stuff like that, which can have their own set of guidelines and ideas behind what it can be used for.

Alliance PvP
I Guess sometimes players could represent AoL and gather to same world to play WvWvW together? I guess this sadly works for only players in same world, since with guesting doesn't allow you to join that worlds WvWvW. But all the lucky same worlders could gather together to kick some behinds. Smile

Random stuff like taking over a city beach and go swimming together as alliance.
There are two sides in this, and I think we could get both. Lemme give example: I wanna dedicate most of my time to my Guild and all friends there, but occasionally I would love to guide that team of guildies to gather at somewhere with the alliance bunch, like for several years we have had our GW1 alliance weekend events (its an Alliance Tradition!). I love the happy bubble that own guild can give, and its soo nice to live in that happy bubble, among people you've known for years, or new people who just are "HEH type" like we call it. But once in a while it would be cool to step out of the happy bubble to a happy bubble -yard, and meet others who came out of their happy bubble, and make crazy fun together.

I guess let's not be hasty when launch time is. Earlier that week, Lets have time of our lives in our final GW1 week in the alliance party!! And then when GW2 opens, we create the guilds and slowly start checking out the options! It indeed is a nice fresh start, and we must enjoy it with full heart & open mind!

"If there is a will, there is a way" - one of my favorite sayings I learned that guide trough obstacles and other goals in life xD!! I guess the alliance will find its way when it is that time.
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:49 pm

500 is a number that soon will not scare anyone ... to reach 500 will be as easy as

never kick inactives ... keep recruiting.

until the day you really need to kick the inactives to give room to the new ones

when someone said that maybe there would be no limit in guilds made me think that eventually everyone would be in the same guild on that server.
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:09 pm

to explain the nature of all of this threads that i have created before someone thinks i want to be hitler.
main reason is to fire this discussions and put everyone trowing their ideas.
my opinion being that we should all be in one guild is to express how i want to keep this alliance together. i know is extremist , unreal , out of this world , insane , ridiculous ... but ... it's a option
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:23 pm

Aww, no Neoteo, sorry if i interpreted it so harshly.. its a nice gesture+idea that we must find a way to keep alliance together, after all even the alliance itself is a result of hard work what we have all gained together. Its awesome that even at this point one alliance can still be alive, when many other alliances "died" or disbanded already, so I respect the work that AoL has put in this trough years! The poll can just "Seem" harsh but I am sure your thought behind aims for common good. Aiming for fun.

And there is a way to get it working eventually, a golden path between all this, that we can all follow! Some kind of new system we invent together to suit GW2 game stuff and alliance, when there isnt an actual ingame-alliance support.

Its important to discuss these trough, there is many different type of players aka humans here in alliance so of course some stuff must be pulled out on table to sort out, before the opportunity misses, or we go and test something in action without planning. Smile This is the place, it's good use of Alliance forum and get alliance discussions.
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:50 pm

@Hennu you hit the nail on the head with what I was trying to convey. The poll gives me the impression that this is an "absolutist" sort of approach to a community problem. It speaks to point that theres so much discussion, and that discussion is good discussion.

@Neo I understand what you are trying to get across perhaps better than you realize. The fact of the matter is its going to be EXTREMELY trying in the upcoming months to MAINTAIN the connections we have between guilds let alone build upon what we have.

With "mega" Guilds we'll have to deal with more membership issues
With "servers" we'll deal with hosting issues that will keep us apart
More over...I don't want to be dramatic but I think alliances are going to die out because the management is going to be a bitch. I think Neo recognizes this, and he really wants to salvage what we have ALL built for these years. We don't want to rob guilds of their identity so much as we want the people we've grown up with, shared this game with to be close by. The closest an alliance can get in GW2 it seems is by being in a "mega" Guild. It really is unfortunate but we have to respect the decisions guilds are making.

I think the "mega" Guild concept is something that everyone will have to deal with whether we each make our own guilds or make a composite. I personally want quality over quantity- its easy to build up the numbers but its difficult to build the community. I would much rather take our time in building larger guilds and the "larger" AoL community. Its important now to think of ways we might be able to manage our own guilds in a game where membership can exceed 400+ . Imagine this forum with 3 or more guilds with 250+ members who may or may not know each other, imagine voice chat with rooms of 15+ people. Its not too crazy to see how this will become a zoo.

I want the best for all guilds, I want the best for this alliance but the best course of action is to control growth and perhaps having a "mega" Guild will be a good way to start out the game but if we choose to part paths perhaps additional forums need to be made. I don't want to banish people from the forum nor am I suggesting that "If you're not with us you need to hit the road" but we need to maintain the integrity our social mediums to get the most out of them.

Mighty
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1126
City : VA
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Amer Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:05 pm

I am very torn on this issue. Not sure what will happen in GW2. The idea of having a large active guild seems like a great way to ensure there is always something new to try and different groups of people with different focuses. I know if I decide I want to start doing PVP it will be harder not having an alliance Chat to see if anyone is doing it. Or say one guild starts doing a lot of dungeons... You get the idea. It will be hard without alliance chat to see whats going on. Having one guild will make it easier for a noobhead like me to get in to all that GW2 has to offer.

I am concerned with the lack of ability to communicate with other guilds in GW2. I think if we end up in separate guilds that will be the end of it.

But at the end of the day I am 100% loyal to AoL so where they go I go!

Ps I think the pros of a Mega guild out weight the Cons.
Amer
Amer
Level 50

Male
Number of posts : 537
Hobbies : GW, Music, LOST, Killer Bunnies, My Family
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnguala Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:22 pm

I quote what I said earlier, because this really shows that an alliance guild and a strong (individual) guild can coexist:

"It shows the strength of a guild and its members if the individual members know to represent their own guild and raise its own reputation."

It's optional to join it for alliance activities in the guild...but I don't think our individual guilds can suffer any just because we have a big alliance type guild to flip to sometimes.

Issues I'm thinking of right now:

If you are inactive at a certain moment and flip to the alliance guild to talk and such, chances are other people are not inactive as you are at that moment: they may be representing another guild at that time. It would still be well and good for arranged events, however.
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Spirit Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:08 am

It seems a consenus (including members of ros) is for groups and guilds to stay w/ the members they most conect with. But still maintain contact w/ alliance and alliance members. So for me the most important issue is what server. It seems that if all our guilds and the alliance guild itself can pick one server it will only help for grouping for wvw, high end dungeons, and just fun silly stuff. We members of ros really dont care which na sever we pick, would just like to know what the consensus of ally members are.

Justin Spirit
Level 0

Guild : Republic of Shadows
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnguala Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:51 am

High-end dungeons should not matter at all in regards to server choice, you can always guest. Just to clarify, or to be corrected if I'm wrong somehow...
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Unholy Plasma Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:26 am

I quite like Hennus idea for using a steam community group.

EDIT: it will even allow me to see what's going on when I'm playing one of my many other games - other games, blasphemy, I know -

Unholy Plasma
Level 14

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:32 pm

I am a fan of steam, i use to make maps for half life 2 deathmatch, if i could i would still do it, i want to look into the comunity aspects of it. And try the always on top functions.. Etc
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Flynx Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:38 pm

I think it best to allow guilds to migrate themselves into GW2, then join up on mumble, etc for the time being. Im sure maintaining identity will be important to some leaders.

As for servers, I think we need to be careful not to start in a server that is under-used. I think it important to be on a relatively active server that will allow for "running into" others in-game. If for no other reason than for a little recruitment activity.

There's my two cents Smile
Flynx
Flynx
Level 32

Male
Number of posts : 322
City : Connecticut...close enuff
Hobbies : GW...and then other less significant games
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down