Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Bounties! Advance preparation to insure success.

5 posters

Go down

Guild Bounties!  Advance preparation to insure success. Empty Guild Bounties! Advance preparation to insure success.

Post by The Beau Brothers Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:18 pm

Here is a primer video on how to prepare for doing a Guild Bounty:

Basic Steps for Best Results:

1. Send out scouts to locate all 15 possible bounties.
  2. Scouts should stay with the bounties, and if possible keep them near a waypoint by talking to them.
  3. Once all 15 are located, activate the bounty.
  4. Chose your first target from the list under Guild menu/ Upgrades/ Missions
  5. Scouts with an active target need to stay with their target.
  6. All other parties need to map to the first chosen target and take it down.
  7. Proceed to the next target.

You only need to kill one of the targets to get the personal reward.

All of the targets for the selected tier need to be killed for the guild to be rewarded. We only have 15 minutes to kill all targets.

This link shows the locations an routes of every guild bounty (learn them):
http://dulfy.net/2013/02/27/gw2-guild-bounty-guide/

This is the generic GW2 Wiki information:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Bounty

Last edited by The Beau Brothers on Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Guild Bounties!  Advance preparation to insure success. Empty Re: Guild Bounties! Advance preparation to insure success.

Post by Bhukk Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:36 pm

pretty cool... and very well explained.
Bhukk
Bhukk
Level 37

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 371
City : Rata Sum
Hobbies : fractaling
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Guild Bounties!  Advance preparation to insure success. Empty Re: Guild Bounties! Advance preparation to insure success.

Post by The Beau Brothers Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:02 pm

To add to my suggestions:

Divide your scouting parties into teams. Designate team leaders. The team leaders are responsible for tracking the progress of their scouts. This will minimize the "who's looking for who" and "who's found who confusion." If we have a scout that is not responding, we need to know why. Their team leader needs to Whisper them. We need to know if they are still looking and participating. Getting no response is not acceptable.

The team leaders will report to the Bounty Leader.

One person trying to keep track of 15 scouts was just too confusing last time. Nobody knew where anyone was and half of the people participating were not responding to Guild Chat.

PS. Side note... we need to whisper people who do not respond often in guild chat and make sure they have their chats set up properly. Everyone needs to have a separate tab for Guild Chat only.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wrazgunas Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:13 pm

Questions: These are noob problems. Address these concerns and maybe we won't remain noobs forever.
1) How do you know what your assigned area is? Does each team leader have responsibility to make sure his team is well informed?
2) I didn't find it helpful enough listening to the Mumble banter to alleviate my sense of confusion. For example: suppose Finn is my group leader. On mumble he says "everyone in my group go to Crossroads Haven Waypoint" Do you see the problems already? First, I'm listening on mumble and I don't recognize Finn's voice from Adam. Unless I'm looking at the list of people to see when Finns mike is activated, I don't have a clue that someone is talking to me! Second, I probably don't have a clue as to where to start looking for Crossroads Haven Waypoint. If you told me to go to Wayfarer foothills I probably wouldn't remember where to look. I could find it if you said: "Look NE of Black Citadel for Wayfarer foothills. Then look for Crossroads Haven Waypoint in the NE corner of Wayfarer foothills. That is where we are starting from." Anything less that this is a waste of both your and my time!
3) Remember that the use of abbreviations is poisen to us noobs. If you whisper me saying: "We are meeting at Wayfarer Foothills, its NE of the BC"
you have wasted your keystrokes on that message. I will probably respond asking what NE and BC stand for.
4) If you message me saying we are looking for Poobadoo (Kessex Hills), my first problem is to remember where Kessex Hills is. Next: the name Poobadoo means nothing to me. You'd do better saying "We are looking for the Statue of Liberty." That I know what to look for. Instead tell me "We are looking for a white quaggen walking around Kessex Hills with a star above his head." That gives me a fighting chance to know what I am looking for. Please don't expect me to know where he is known to frequent! That is: Unless you have given me time to go to the link showing the locations and routes of every guild bounty. There are 18 NPC bounties. I am not going to memorize them. I play GW2 to shut my mind off when the stresses of life are heavy. (I'm not talking about worrying about the next exam. More often I am worried that someone my die if we can't find a real life way to help them.) Please think of a creative way to help me not to waste time searching in places where the bounty isn't located.
5) Does the NPC bounty keep moving in the targeted space? Do we need to recheck places where we have already checked once? Does the NPC bounty hide itself in a barrel?
6) When I help kill a target, am I entitled to a member reward? To me the scene is total chaos while killing the target. Maybe I've even managed to get killed. Where do I find my reward once someone has resurrected me? Is it one of those tiny little chests? Is it found somewhere near where the target was killed? If I have just been resurrected I probably don't know where to look. I've joined Guild Bounties three times and I've never gotten a reward. I figured that I didn't know what to look for.
7) I know that being a guild leader or team leader is a lot of work when done properly! For most of you its been a long time since you were a noob and can't remember how much work it is to learn to be a productive member of a team. Please try and place yourself in my shoes and we will have a truly great guild.

Joshue Eleesha

wrazgunas
Level 4

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 46
City : Ann Arbor
Hobbies : Jewelry Design
Registration date : 2010-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:21 am

Hey Joshua,

I am sorry if you have not gotten rewards. If you were present and got a shot in, during the actual successful killing of a bounty you should have gotten the "Gold Medal" event reward (karma, exp, silver). Plus, you should have gotten one of the chests that appear on the right side of your screen above the mini-map. It shakes back and forth. Just like the daily rewards and the boss bonus chest reward. When you click on it, you will see what you got appear in the middle of your screen. You don't need to be alive even to get that. As long as you are in the area of the event and got a hit in, you should have gotten it.

We have not been extremely organized with these Guild Bounties. And, believe it or not, most of us do not have these routes memorized ahead of time. We are all flying by the seat of our pants. I have the benefit of having dual monitors, so I can pull up maps on my second screen, but I know that is a luxury. I know one of us (I think it was Flynx) has printed out the routes so that he has paper maps to refer to.

There are two methods that we try. One is detailed in the description above. For my part, I have chosen Crusader Michelle. I always volunteer to find her because I have learned her route. I don't wait for anyone to tell me, I just go.

The other way is more by the seat of our pants. We don not search in advance. We wait till it is activated then go to the zones to search in groups. Unfortunately, if you have looked at these maps, there is no possible way to tell someone where to search. They walk the routes precisely as explained in the guide. Most of their routes encompass entire zones!!! I could tell you to walk down the east side of Sparkfly Fen, but if you don't know that she takes a detour around a certain hill you are very likely to miss her. Crusader Michelle is one of the easy ones to find. I could not even imagine trying to explain to you how to find how to find Shaman Arderus in under 15 minutes.

For your point about finding where to go, when someone says to go to a certain waypoint and you see [Mire Waypoint] show up in Guild Chat. All you have to do is click on that name with your mouse. When you click on the waypoint shared in Guild Chat, your Map will automatically open and bring your screen directly to that location. Then you can click on the waypoint and warp there without having to search for it.

Also, when you only have 15 minutes, it is difficult for us to conduct a search and explain every detail to everyone. That is why we post links to guides here. Believe it or not, but we are all noobs at guild bounty. I have done it a total of five times. That is only two more than you. The only reason that I half ass know what I am doing is because I have studied the guide in advance. This information does not magically appear in my head and instantly tell me all the secrets of the game. Unfortunately, it does take a little work.

If I am participating, make sure that you are in my party next time. I am usually better at explaining things than other people. Back in the Guild Wars 1 days, I was given the title Noob Trainer, because I like helping people figure things out. Maybe you could follow me while I find Crusader Michelle, or we can find a different one together.

The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:46 am

Hey there Joshua, thanks for your feedback on your opinions on this matter.

Its our job as officers and co-leader and leader to make sure everyone understands whats happening on events going on such as this one. Being clear in directions is quite important... Id say we officers get a F on that.

Ill take it to personal lengths to be as clear as possible so no one is confused - making sure you(people in general) know who to look for and where to go. Not really fair of people to miss out because they're confused on whats happening.

Also when you die, resurrect at the nearest waypoint and run back, don't wait to be revived or you might miss out, you need to be tagged on the bounty to get the reward. There's too much chaos going on to keep track and revive people.
Zero
Zero
Light

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1552
City : Las Vegas
Hobbies : Vydia games and music
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by wrazgunas Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:33 pm

Im sorry that I have so many "complaints." Let me repeat that I know that this is difficult to lead. My purpose in sharing these thoughts is intended to be totally constructive.

Zero, I will look for you the next time I am online when a Guild Bounty is being done.

Joshua Eleesha

wrazgunas
Level 4

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 46
City : Ann Arbor
Hobbies : Jewelry Design
Registration date : 2010-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnguala Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:42 pm

Never say you're sorry for "complaints"! Most often, you're voicing the opinion of people that aren't representing their problems clearly enough to us.

Were you in a party in the latest guild bounty?
I'm not sure if I pinged the waypoint in my party chat channel, I only said, "FINNGUALA'S PARTY TO " and then pinged the waypoint in guild chat.

I did notice some confusion in that though, some of my team went to Ratche's map.
Above all else next time, I'll refrain from guild chat when everyone is in a party and just spam the waypoint to my party so they know which zone to get in.

Note about the rewards: you only get personal rewards per week across your whole account (so you know why you don't get a reward if you don't).
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1097
City : Mid-Atlantic USA
Hobbies : Enthusiastically dancing to Marina and the Diamonds and fawning over Troye Sivan
Registration date : 2010-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:22 am

Sorry if I sound like a pompous know-it-all ass Razz
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down