Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for WvW Leaders & PvP Leaders

+9
Inkubus
Gannon Vicarious
Demonic cassandra
Solara Sea
Durnik
Grawnaw
Mutt
Jambo
The Beau Brothers
13 posters

Go down

Looking for WvW Leaders & PvP Leaders Empty Looking for WvW Leaders & PvP Leaders

Post by The Beau Brothers Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:28 pm

Going into the expansion, I really want to up our game in WvW and PvP.

I am looking for existing officers or any members to take charge, take ownership, of leading PvP and WvW teams.

If a non-officer takes charge, it would definitely be a fast track to Knighthood.

WvW link:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PvP link:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There is also more information in videos and such.

Last edited by The Beau Brothers on Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Looking for WvW Leaders & PvP Leaders Empty Re: Looking for WvW Leaders & PvP Leaders

Post by The Beau Brothers Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:23 pm

They talk a bit about WvW teams and PvP in the last half of this video.  I'm actually getting exciting about WvW.

The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Looking for WvW Leaders & PvP Leaders Empty Re: Looking for WvW Leaders & PvP Leaders

Post by Jambo Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:49 pm

I don't mind leading the WvW stuff again, since I've done it in the past. I'll probably have to relearn everything again but I still understand and know the basics of it.

The only problem that I've encountered with leading is that generally most AoL members in the past either were 1) not interested and 2) if they were interested, they did not want to do it consistently. Also the lack of numbers also made it somewhat difficult.

Generally if you don't want to be part of the zerg you either want to do a small band of around 10 people like shock groups or zerg wreck group or you want like a small 5 man group for roaming. All 3 group types require people to have correct gear and very specific builds otherwise we would just get wrecked all the time, and thus people will just end up getting tired of it and not want to WvW anymore.

If I am to lead I want devoted people to set aside time like once a week to purely do WvW for that allotted time period, but I'm not sure how many people would be interested in doing that.
Jambo
Jambo
Level 8

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 86
City : TEXAS.
Hobbies : Being Texan.
Registration date : 2013-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Mutt Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:00 am

Jambo if your willing to teach, I'm willing to learn. I am just like my name Mutt, a little of everything. I can do what is needed, as well I can what is asked. Willing to do the research for those looking for information.
Mutt
Mutt
Level 9

Male
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2015-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:15 am

WvW will be changing quite dramatically.  I think it will be more appealing to a lot of people!  Watch the videos and read the discussions.  I never liked the zerg mentality.  That is why I did not like WvW much.  The new WvW will encourage taking and holding point by guilds.  Reinforcing them with Guild modifications!  I am excited about this.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Grawnaw Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:24 am

I did want to do something like this in the past, and I will happily work on it again Smile
I want to step up my game! Very Happy

Grawnaw
Level 15

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness
Number of posts : 158
City : Melbourne
Hobbies : Gaming, Drawing, Handyman stuff,
Registration date : 2014-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Durnik Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:19 pm

Happy to see some excitement for WvW, i will happily work with anyone who wants to learn. I just work the opposite hours of everyone elese so its kinda hard to play with me =/
Durnik
Durnik
Level 10

Male
Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Solara Sea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:19 pm

oh wow, do people in aol want to do wvw? I am rank 700 something; i play a few hours every night (that i play gw, anyway). in order for us to be effective, we need about 20 to run at a designated time for a few hours. these people need to be willing to play proper builds and learn how to funcion as a group. You also need to understand how blackgate operates and understand the culture. there really are high expectations on blackgate from the community if you want pugs to follow. getting access to the blackgate teamspeak is a must and getting access to the blackgate forums is a good idea. WvW may change with the expansion, but i doubt it will change so much that we want to run in groups smaller than 20 on a t1 server. besides, if you ask for 20, 15 show up and a few may have to leave early. wvw is all about teamwork, which requires a team
Solara Sea
Solara Sea
Level 4

Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonic cassandra Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:30 am

Never really played WvW but would defo give it a try as long as guildies show me the way at first, would be more that willing to help out on the battlefield,Count me in for the Aol Zerg lol Smile Smile Smile
Demonic cassandra
Demonic cassandra
Level 21

Male
Guild : aol the best
Number of posts : 212
City : Antrim
Hobbies : Gaming-Fishing-an more Gaming lol.
Registration date : 2015-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Gannon Vicarious Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:38 pm

Jessie and I would love to be a part of a once a week guild WVW run. Just let us know when and we'll be there.
Gannon Vicarious
Gannon Vicarious
Level 1
Level 1

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2015-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Solara Sea Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:08 pm

We should try wednesday nights.
Solara Sea
Solara Sea
Level 4

Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Grawnaw Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:23 am

Those who have had lots of WvW experience and want to be a part of this please PM me either here or in gw (grawnaw) so we can organize a time to meet up and begin working on this marvelous task Smile strength in numbers!! 8D

Grawnaw
Level 15

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonic cassandra Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:46 pm

Sorry guys, wednesday nights would be out for me as i gotta goto work next morning but would be there if we could arrange it for sometime at the weekends if possible as i can relax more an stay up alot later... Smile Smile Smile
Demonic cassandra
Demonic cassandra
Level 21

Male
Guild : aol the best
Number of posts : 212
City : Antrim
Hobbies : Gaming-Fishing-an more Gaming lol.
Registration date : 2015-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Inkubus Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:20 pm

Every night after 7 or so I am free to do some WvW. I have really been enjoying PvP as of late and would like to get a solid group of folks together to do that on a consistent basis.

Inkubus
Level 2

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2015-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Grawnaw Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:10 pm

Weeknights will not work for me as I'm at work, my recommendation would be Friday nights [For you guys] So Saturday nights for me, though with that said I will only be able to participate fortnightly

Grawnaw
Level 15

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mutt Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:55 am

Yo ho! Mutt here, i believe we will need to find everyone who is interested in doing this and getting two days that will be beneficial for those who wants to run in WvW
Mutt
Mutt
Level 9

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:16 am

Get it organized and I will join.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Inkubus Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:37 pm

Is there interest in a small group or 2, for 5-man structured PvP?

Inkubus
Level 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mutt Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:46 pm

There can be. We will need to get a team or two together first then find out when is the best time for everyone to pvp
Mutt
Mutt
Level 9

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:41 am

Hey all.. I have been thinking about this.. and I find I actually kinda enjoy PvPing when it isn't taken too seriously...
I would be interested in starting to learn how to do this better :-)

WvW.. I am in Blackgate (AoL's official server and I have never experienced it!!
If we can start organising groups and days with a leader who is willing to teach.. I am completely up and ready :-D
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female
Guild : Army of Lightness (AoL)
Number of posts : 522
City : Melbourne, Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by Mutt Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:44 am

I am willing to teach some of the newer people to pvp one on one. Then working up to a bigger party of five. I want to get in contact with arms to see if they are willing to help with scrimishes.
Mutt
Mutt
Level 9

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:49 am

Sign me up Master Mutt
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female
Guild : Army of Lightness (AoL)
Number of posts : 522
City : Melbourne, Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by Inkubus Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:21 pm

I hope I am not trying to do too much with pvp and the meta team. But, everythings just so much darn fun! If we can get some time in from say 8-10pm est on any given day, I would also love to get with ya and really discuss strategy and practice with whoever else is interested.

Please excuse any typos, as im writing this from my phone at work. Haha!

Inkubus
Level 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Isaac Nudeton Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:09 pm

I am on Eredon Terrace which I believe is dead last in the WvW rankings, but I do enjoy doing PvP occasionally. So, if anyone needs a decent thief just look me up in game and I'd be glad to join you.
Sir Isaac Nudeton
Sir Isaac Nudeton
Level 1
Level 1

Male
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2015-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by klerik Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:56 am

Im up to pvp, i usually run a few matches for daylies and would love to work with a team. TS is a huge advantage. Ive still got alot to learn but the journey is more fun than the destination.

klerik
Level 0

Guild : Aol
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitehawk Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:52 pm

PvP Team sounds fun im down to join!
Whitehawk
Whitehawk
Level 4

Male
Guild : (AoL) Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 44
City : Miami Florida
Hobbies : Gaming,Cooking,Paintball,Modifying My Car
Registration date : 2015-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down