Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AoL goes PvP- vent or ts server?

+3
water.penguin
Yuri Mortenzen
yosei
7 posters

Go down

Do We want PvP in AoL?

AoL goes PvP- vent or ts server? I_vote_lcap63%AoL goes PvP- vent or ts server? I_vote_rcap 63% 
[ 5 ]
AoL goes PvP- vent or ts server? I_vote_lcap37%AoL goes PvP- vent or ts server? I_vote_rcap 37% 
[ 3 ]
AoL goes PvP- vent or ts server? I_vote_lcap0%AoL goes PvP- vent or ts server? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
AoL goes PvP- vent or ts server? I_vote_lcap0%AoL goes PvP- vent or ts server? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8

AoL goes PvP- vent or ts server? Empty AoL goes PvP- vent or ts server?

Post by yosei Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:18 pm

Recently a lot of people have asked if we could start up a PvP part of AoL, although previously attempted, I am willing to give it another chance. For those of you who have never tried PvP its very difficult but fun once u get into it. Now three things of note:

1. PvPing is hard without 2 or more campaigns with that said, for those of u who only have 1 campaign will find it difficult and PvPing with only one campaign means your skills will be limited which means your not going to have as much fun =/.

2. Alot of PUG groups request u have some sort of rank in Heroes ascent (highest form of pvp second to GvG vice versa) So at the beginning it could be diffcult yet again.

3. Practice, Practice, Practice. Without it your not gonna fair too well against other guilds/teams.

With that said with those of you who are willing to meet the requirements and understanding to the above comments there stands another problem, the availability of a vent or TS server (preferably vent ^^) Vent aka Ventrilo is a free communication program allowing us to use voice communication. Now to get the program itself is free, to set up a server costs REAL dollars. Meaning without someone within the guild or outside the guild who wants to contribute their money and time into helping our cause were not getting very far.

So those are all the precautions of PvP if you have any questions or comments post below or ask me in game.

How to start enjoying your PvP- a beginners guide
by: Yosei

PvP begins in many places, there are arenas in ascalon and shing jea and even kamadan to get you started. But the place you should go is the Random Arenas located near the Battle Isles ( http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Random_Arenas) for further info)
This is where u start, a place where u don't decide teams but computer does it randomly for you. To advance to the next greatest stage (team arenas explained below) You need to win 5 consecutive matches to unlock team arenas in your map.

Now in Random arenas you will encounter your first bad part of PvP- the dreaded rage quitters, you might've seen them in PvE. These people quit because they find there team to be "Noob" or "garbage" These casualties cannot be helped, but please if you do PvP do not become a rage quitter.

In terms of builds and usage in Random arenas, you might want to use builds that 1. Does not rely on a monk but still can use constant damage
2. Work well with other builds, complements other builds well. http://www.pvxwiki.com/wiki/Build:Rt/W_Spirit_Warrior This ritualist build is highly recommended. http://www.pvxwiki.com/wiki/Build:W/E_Aggressive_Hammer If not then this warrior build should be of some use getting to team arenas.

Team Arenas

In team arenas you compete with a chosen group of four. (You have to either make or join a group). Team arenas is unique in the fact people come up with different combos and skills to make a good team. A note to make when looking for groups- like PvE monks are in short supply ( hint hint) - Do not post that you are new and need help (often made fun of by others =( . Team builds in this arena should look like this:

A ZB prot monk or LoD monk
ZB: zealous benediction monk who relies on prots to help team.
LoD: A heal monk with LoD equipped to heal team faster and more effciently.
Note: Both builds can be found with google or http://www.pvxwiki.com

A Tank or Dervish
These characters are the offense of your teams a http://www.pvxwiki.com/wiki/Build:W/any_Bull%27s_Charge_Sword warrior or
http://www.pvxwiki.com/wiki/Build:D/W_Lyssa%27s_Avatar
a avatar of lyssa dervish relying on pure damage.

A Necromancer or Assassin
A Spiteful spirit necromancer who uses price of failure with reckless haste
A Shadow stepping combo sin who can flash to kill monks with the shadow stepping skills of an assassin (aura of displacement, etc)

Optional spot ( preferably a SF pr SH ele if all above builds are covering 3 spaces or a migraine mesmer or a spirit spam rit)

Heroes Ascent

Heroes Ascent is the grand stage of PvP with teams of 8 forming to fight for right to control - drum roll - hallelujah chorus - the HALL OF HEROES aka HoH.

This is probably the hardest place to win out of all the arenas if not properly equipped. If you feel confident enough to finish both Team and Random Arenas then please read on, if not well read on lol.

Heroes ascent aka HA is an arena that requires 8 people on your team for a 8 V 8 ( Sometimes 8v8v8) match.

http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/HA - a quick guide on Heroes ascent. Note if you do not have ventrilo or Team speak aka TS until this point lemme point out - it is against the HA law not to have vent or TS. If you enter groups without it you will:
1. Be kicked
2. Asked what is the shape if Italy and den kicked.
3. Be called offensive words

Team builds on HA can be found in http://gwshack.us/
The most recent and popular builds are:
Searing Flames/ Savannah Heat ELE builds
IWAY- a group of warriors using pets and I WILL AVENGE YOU skill
Rit Spike - a group of ritualists using spirits to spike you

Alliance Battle (factions only)
Alliance battles consist of a 3 groups of four who compete for faction in a 12 v 12 match between the luxons and the kurzicks (we are kurzick)
This is probably the easiest place to find a group.
You win by capturing aka capping shrines located within the map and gaining points for captures and kills done to luxon players. ( I occasionally play luxon so don't cuss at them XD)
Things Of Note:
First team to hit 500 wins
you earn roughly about 1300 faction per win- 1000 kurzick/luxon faction can be traded to "faction rewards person in Guild Hall for AMBER OR JADE- amber goes for about 120g atm at the rare material trader and jade for eve less
If you donate faction it goes towards your "friends of kurzick title" or friends of luxon title.

Conclusion ( cheers yay finally done)

So those you strong and willing who wish to embrace this challenge I highly praise you, for the rest, now you know more about PvP. Thanks to GW wiki and Pvx wiki for builds and info.
GWshack.us for their builds insight
And everyone else who helped me through all three stages of PvP.

Last edited by on Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

yosei
Level 6

Male
Number of posts : 64
City : canada
Hobbies : none
Registration date : 2006-11-27

Back to top Go down

AoL goes PvP- vent or ts server? Empty Re: AoL goes PvP- vent or ts server?

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:42 am

100 kurzick/luxon faction can be traded to "faction rewards person in Guild Hall for AMBER OR JADE

I think u missed a '0' here... I believe it should be 1000 factions.
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by water.penguin Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:38 pm

I don't have a mike yet.

water.penguin
Level 1
Level 1

Male
Number of posts : 16
City : adf
Hobbies : adf
Registration date : 2007-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by yosei Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:38 pm

thx for noting tht now set back to 1000

yosei
Level 6

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ascalon slayer Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:34 pm

yay pvp
ascalon slayer
ascalon slayer
Level 0

Male
Number of posts : 4
City : SA town home of dem spurs
Hobbies : being TEXAN /baseball /sports /LONGHORNS
Registration date : 2007-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Revenge of Divinity Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:30 am

im in for it, question tho if AoL goes PvP, does that mean that everyone has to pvp at least sometime or will it be optional?
Revenge of Divinity
Revenge of Divinity
Level 23

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 232
City : Tulsa, OK USA
Hobbies : reading,biking,guild wars
Registration date : 2007-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:45 am

Soulkeeper1987 wrote:im in for it, question tho if AoL goes PvP, does that mean that everyone has to pvp at least sometime or will it be optional?

I think all we (well... Yosei here) are trying to do is to get people interested in this aspect of the game. It doesn't mean it is going to be compulsory, it is more to develop guild's activities... We could start with some Alliance Battle, I find it fun and quite reachable to any player as you don't really need to work out a perfect build and have kickass equipment for it.

Anyway, I'll quote my boss to answer your question:
"we do not force anyone to join but it is strongly recommended Twisted Evil " j/k.
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1551
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Revenge of Divinity Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:51 am

oh yea, meant to ask y do we need a ts server? why dont we just use the alliance ts? its got both aol channels and channels for fow, uw, ha,and so on
Revenge of Divinity
Revenge of Divinity
Level 23

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:52 pm

i think geting a ts or vent server is a very good idea , of corse if some people dont want to use it , its up to them , but if we can have a group of people that will use it , it will open door to another level of guildwars , people that have use it , in pve or pvp , know this is true , if nothing but at least , elite missions in nightfall requires voice to complete quests , and hall of heros and gvg for pvp require voice to be at level with others.

i say vent verver , i have had good sound quality in both kinds , but over all in my experience vent sounds better and less chopy.

/VENT
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1595
Hobbies : Electric Devices
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by ascalon slayer Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:13 pm

TS/vent is a great idea bcause eeverything we do can b done quicker most great guilds ive been in had TS/vent as well as most advanced HA groups TS/vent offers quicker communication and i think it would enhance our pvp skillz
ascalon slayer
ascalon slayer
Level 0

Male
Number of posts : 4
City : SA town home of dem spurs
Hobbies : being TEXAN /baseball /sports /LONGHORNS
Registration date : 2007-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by water.penguin Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:35 am

Where do we sign up for the gvg team?

water.penguin
Level 1
Level 1

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by yosei Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:03 pm

About GvG: For the time being, everything pvp is on standby, those of you interested in pvp i recommend you do the above arenas until u hit Heroes Ascent or so, it'll help heavily when u actually pvp

yosei
Level 6

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by water.penguin Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:55 am

I need to get some more fame, only 1 so far Sad

water.penguin
Level 1
Level 1

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vogo Agogo Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:08 pm

A guild member has a vent server and has offered its use to AoL. He will be on vacation this comming week and when he gets back ill get the vent info and post it on the forum.

Vogo Agogo
Level 17

Male
Number of posts : 179
City : London Canada

Back to top Go down

Post by yosei Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:26 am

Now Vents up and coming we just need peeps, just write ur ign here or pm me for pvp team info

yosei
Level 6

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Revenge of Divinity Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:16 pm

YAY! My PVP IGN is Divinity is Pvping: an E/D normally, damn good tank, but i can make her a spiker,nuker or whatever. but im up for pvp whenever
Revenge of Divinity
Revenge of Divinity
Level 23

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by water.penguin Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:59 am

IGN: Nigth Bane

Last edited by on Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total

water.penguin
Level 1
Level 1

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:43 am

IGN : neoteo ex animo
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1595
Hobbies : Electric Devices

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down