Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OFFICER expectations. EDITED

+7
d-shadow
Dragnix Pheodron
The Beau Brothers
fictitiousacct
Zero
Kittynne
Blank De Ratche
11 posters

Go down

OFFICER expectations. EDITED Empty OFFICER expectations. EDITED

Post by Blank De Ratche Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:36 pm

So I've been thinking about what I expect from officers (including myself or course)  This is what I came up with.

Officers
1. officers in our guild will be held to a higher standard behavior-wise in our guild. This includes in guild and out of guild chat.  I don't like any members trolling but it won't be tolerated by officers. I cannot state this enough.  I've seen and heard about this in the past and it will no longer be accepted.  If you have a problem with someone take it to whisper or team chat, or even to me if you cannot resolve it.  I've talked to officers who have broken this and will be demoting for violations.  (joking around with friends is of course exempt.)

1a. Edited to add ALL officer discussions are for officers only, do not discuss them with other members, and any official conversation between you and other members is also confidential, do not share without their permission, unless you feel you need to bring it to my attention. then I want to know.
2. Officer duties.  I would like each officer to take responsibility for something, maybe something as small as helping new members or something as big as administration of promotions.  I believe andrea is handling the militia and above promotions.  Kitty is taking care of non-reppers.  A dungeon training or WvW officer would be great, even a team of officers for this. (I'm also going to go over ranks and see what I want to change, though I will talk to anyone before I change them)

3. Putting out fires, from time to time members (either on purpose or jokingly will step over the line.  It's your job to put them in their place nicely.  99% of this can be done quickly and easily.  If you have a problem with a member or they are not taking you seriously, Bring the problem to my attention or a Lord.  If a member is completely disrespectful and rude to other members, then officers may kick this member based on their own judgement. Please take screen shots though. also it's important to try to screenshot all conversations regarding guild business, that way we don't end up with he said she said stuff.

4.  We are not servants.  We are here to help and should do so when we can but no one is expected to drop everything to help a guildee. We play this game to have fun, and if it's not fun why do it?  Try to answer requests in chat but play your game first.  

5. Just help the guild run smoothly, We want this to be a good place for everyone.  We're a casual guild with many different playing styles and many different interests,  As a guild we don't specialize in really anything, but any officer (or member for that matter) is more than welcome to do this.

6. If you have a specialty (PvP WvW, Dungeons, Fractals etc) please be willing to help others learn that if they request it.  Not a requirement but would love to get more people doing more things.

7. Log in at least a few times a week and check forums a few times a week.

7.5 Start a weekly group event as described in the other thread.

Lords (all of the above and)
8.  #1 goes double for you, I need to talk to some people about this but I expect lords to be above the pettiness.  There are issues with this I will soon be addressing.  I think I've been too lax in this but no longer.  

9. Guild Que  Beau and Bruno do an excellent job with this, and I know I want us holding back for now but after we build things up we'll get business as usual  as a General rule as long as we're not saving up for anything spend no more than approximately 80% of what we earn,  for the moment no more than 50%  (exceptions if needed for guild missions)

10.  If there is a problem with the King they are the ones who are to let him know about it.  AoL is never to be a dictatorship and NO ONE is to be chosen King who will not step down if the officers agree he (or she  if Andrea's evil plan comes to fruition) should.

King* (all of the above and)

11. The kings job is to make sure the officers are doing their job.  His (or hers if Andrea gets her way) job is NOT to order people around but to bring it to the attention of officers who are not doing what is expected and explain nicely.

12. #1 goes triple for the King, he is NEVER to get into public arguments with members or officers.  Or people in map chat.

13. The King is the final go to for any arguments  between guildees and must be approachable.  

14. Finally the buck stops here.  The King is responsible for all final decisions.  The king must take officer  opinions into account and if he won't listen and does things arbitrarily that persons should be asked to step down and should do it.

I find our officers for the most part to be doing a great job, and while I would like to see some take more responsibility at thing I understand we all have real lives and do what we can. If for any reason you feel you cannot do this or have a problem with it please let me know and we'll talk about it, and try to hammer it out.

Please put your suggestions or comments below, if you disagree with anything or would like to add anything let me know.

Last edited by Blank De Ratche on Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1444
City : Florida
Hobbies : GW
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Back to top Go down

OFFICER expectations. EDITED Empty Re: OFFICER expectations. EDITED

Post by Kittynne Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:49 pm

Ratche I only gave this a quick skim so far but I think this is pretty good, and thank you for taking the time to put this together!  When I have a longer attention span I will give it a more thorough read, but for now, one thing I'd suggest to add is something about keeping officer conversations private, especially about sensitive issues, as mentioned here: https://lightness.forumotion.com/t5343-quick-note-about-the-officers-section
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:37 pm

Ai ai Capitan, read it all, must say that all I do is dungeons but I cant ever get members to join me, Pheo is pro at that
Zero
Zero
Light

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1552
City : Las Vegas
Hobbies : Vydia games and music
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by fictitiousacct Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:41 pm

This post was definitely needed, even moreso with people moving up in ranks.
fictitiousacct
fictitiousacct
Level 28

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2013-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:51 pm

I agree with everything here Very Happy
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:59 pm

This was GREAT! I think a lot of these points are expected it doesn't matter what rank you're! but having this all laid out... very informative! Thankyou!
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female
Guild : Army of Lightness (AoL)
Number of posts : 522
City : Melbourne, Australia
Registration date : 2014-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:59 am

Bossman Ratch wrote:Officer duties. I would like each officer to take responsibility for something

Im funny. I hereby will be known as His grace, Zero the Magnificent Jester of the High Kings, and Lord of the five races, first of his name and title, and protector of AoL.
Zero
Zero
Light

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1552
City : Las Vegas
Hobbies : Vydia games and music
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:13 am

nope youll be known sad zeebra... the keeper of the royla stables ( i mena you sweep the cstables xD)
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male
Guild : army of lightness [aol]
Number of posts : 414
City : helsinki
Registration date : 2010-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:08 pm

I read somewhere (can't find the thread) that Kittyn wants to take more responsibility on the forum. I would like to see about making her admin. I think Ratch or I can do it, but we may need to ask Neoteo. I know how to play with the admin stuff some, but any major questions should be addressed to Neoteo. Last time I tried to change something I deleted everyone's IGN. If you are interested Kitty, let me know.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by B E E Z Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:52 am

I don't really have a specialty except for (easy) World Bosses, but I'll try to make sure they're called even when I'm not doing them.
B E E Z
B E E Z
Light

Female
Number of posts : 1261
City : Charleston
Hobbies : stoofz
Registration date : 2013-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea1704 Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:32 pm

''....or she if Andrea's evil plan comes to fruition''

You jerk.

Also, I'll indeed be taking on those promotions, and I will continue JP runs like I did before since there are many people still missing out on most.
I will still do Sunday's Guild Missions if needed to, unless someone else eagerly wants to or if you don't want me to do it.
I'm currently doing heaps of dungeons as well (not sure if school will change that though) and that includes a daily Arah p2 path.
I will also continue to kick the members who have been inactive for 2 months 2 weeks (I will take their rank into account and also send them a message)

If you want me to do more, let me know.

Andrea1704
Andrea1704
Level 55

Female
Number of posts : 570
City : Netherlands
Hobbies : Flowers, jumping puzzles, playing with the dog, GW2
Registration date : 2013-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by B E E Z Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:46 pm

I don't have anything I'm particularly involved in so if you think of something you need someone for please let me know. I will mostly just be able to do time-consuming things on weekends though, so if you need to demote no hard feelings.
B E E Z
B E E Z
Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea1704 Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:48 pm

B E E Z wrote:I don't have anything I'm particularly involved in so if you think of something you need someone for please let me know. I will mostly just be able to do time-consuming things on weekends though, so if you need to demote no hard feelings.

If you like, you can lead GMs with me. I'd be sad forever if you'd get demoted.
Also, you can level my toons if you like xD
Andrea1704
Andrea1704
Level 55

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by B E E Z Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:49 pm

Keke "officer in charge of getting Andrea to 80"... I can see that workin for me Wink
B E E Z
B E E Z
Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:57 pm

Andrea1704 wrote:I will still do Sunday's Guild Missions if needed to, unless someone else eagerly wants to or if you don't want me to do it.
I will also continue to kick the members who have been inactive for 2 months 2 weeks (I will take their rank into account and also send them a message)

If you want me to do more, let me know.

I'm not sure you still can do these things with your current and new rank...?
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea1704 Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:43 am

Yuri Mortenzen wrote:
I'm not sure you still can do these things with your current and new rank...?

I am a knight
Andrea1704
Andrea1704
Level 55

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:23 am

Andrea1704 wrote:I am a knight

OK... Strange I thought I'd seen a post from Ratche informing you had asked to be demoted to squire... Can't find it anymore though... Anyway, good! Smile
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:53 pm

Yuri Mortenzen wrote:OK... Strange I thought I'd seen a post from Ratche informing you had asked to be demoted to squire... Can't find it anymore though... Anyway, good! Smile
You saw it because it was there, lol. The post did exist, she did get demoted by request, and then later I think that same day she got promoted again and the post was deleted. Very Happy

Ratche and Beau must be playing tricks on us slightly senile people, putting up posts then removing them shortly after!! *eyes them suspiciously*
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by B E E Z Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:58 pm

Pssh Ratche and Beau are the senile-est of us all!
B E E Z
B E E Z
Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:26 pm

B E E Z wrote:Pssh Ratche and Beau are the senile-est of us all!
They may be trying to spread the senility!
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank De Ratche Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:28 pm

you just made the list! if I could remember where I put it.
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:29 pm

omg bossman is here ... *hides*
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:05 pm

FYI I am un-sticky-ing this old thread because the officer expectation thread covers it.
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by B E E Z Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:22 am

Blank De Ratche wrote:

you just made the list!  if I could remember where I put it.
/cower
B E E Z
B E E Z
Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:29 pm

I just sent these to Nutz in Forum e-mail.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:45 pm

Tagging this, as a reminder to myself that current bossman asked me to do a rewrite/update of this.
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:57 am

I have been a bit concerned about the over privatization of discussions amongst officers.  I know here it is one of our expectations that things should be kept private in the officers forum, but sometimes I feel that it is taken too far.  I have heard this from a few other members as well.  They feel that our secrecy causes more rumors and the rumors are worse than the truth.  Case in point, here is some of a conversation I had with Ivory about why she left.  

OFFICER expectations. EDITED Ivoryc10

I do believe there are topics that should be kept under wraps, but the opposite extreme of too much secrecy can be just as bad.  Personally, I have always been a believer in full disclosure.  Secrecy leads to lies and half truths.  Lies and half truths feed rumors.  Then people like Ivory become uncomfortable and confused.  The atmosphere of the guild becomes uneasy and hostile.  However, I do see the need to keep certain things under wraps.  For instance, there is no reason to bad mouth Diablo to the whole guild.  On the other hand, if anyone asks me why, I will tell them the truth.

Last edited by The Beau Brothers on Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:19 am

There is a really big difference between privacy and secrecy.  And also a really big difference between what can and cannot be shared during the discussion phase of policy making, as well as what will and won't hurt the overall guild atmosphere or hurt interpersonal relationships.

If we all understood the difference, we could have a more open sharing policy while still respecting that some things need to remain private, either for now, or forever.

Unfortunately, at least one member of the officer circle does not seem to understand these differences, and often shares information that should not be shared.  Especially when someone asks for privacy on a matter that doesn't need to be shared with the general population.

Not pointing fingers or laying blame on anyone.  I really don't know how many people don't understand the difference, but it's definitely happening.

Personal privacy is very important for building trust. To say "if anyone asks me, I'll tell the truth" is basically saying "if anybody asks me, I'll violate your privacy." One big thing that destroys a healthy officer environment (and a guild in general) is when people disrespect the privacy of its members.

I really don't feel confident that what I say here or to some people is kept private anymore, so I'm not sure how I can be expected to continue being honest and open here.

That's my 2c.
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:36 am

Well, to be honest she told me the same thing and challenged her to name one example... Of course she mentioned that Kara left and no one explained why. So I just said she had left and was not kicked so who are we to give explanation in her place... She probably got second hand info or someone's version of why she had left...

In any case, I do not see why everything has to be out there. Like I explained to her, most of the stuff here is purely admin work... Keep track of repping, drafting policies and other stuff... And when stuff happens, keeping public record would just create more "drama" for people who want none and just play the game to relax as she said...

What was that saying about airing dirty laundry in public?

Sorry I want to write more but I'm a bit upset about all this... We lost 3 members from my time zone today, I played with them every day and NONE OF THEM told me anything before leaving. "There's no one to play with" is what I keep hearing "we don't fit in"... Come on... I log in everyday and joke with them and this is what I get as a goodbye? Just kick me in the nuts already...
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by B E E Z Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:27 pm

Sad I'm sorry yurrlz. If it makes you feel better, ilusm ;-;

Also I agree with what yurrlz says about adding to the drama situation with airing dirty laundry all the time

I agree with transparency in regards to policy though. Just taking the most recent example with the ally rank- I personally don't see an issue turning that into a round table discussion for any guildies that use the forums. In that debate a non officer that goes to Sunday GMs has a more valuable take on the matter than someone like me, who would not be as affected by restrictions on the ally rank.

Obviously this would not work for complaints against members etc...so discretion is still needed in some cases
B E E Z
B E E Z
Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank De Ratche Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:10 pm

I'm afraid that people here will be afraid of posting their opinions if they are getting put out there.
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sun May 24, 2015 1:09 am

I need to revisit this thread.  Make a long form of my expectations tied to the requirements for Knight Promotion that we agreed to.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mutt Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:37 pm

Read and understand, and I agree with you beau in regards to a revised version if this.
Mutt
Mutt
Level 9

Male
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2015-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down