Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ranks and Expectations... being met?

+9
seamonster
The Beau Brothers
Midway
Captain Ozone
Yuri Mortenzen
Demonic cassandra
worf warrior
Grawnaw
Dragnix Pheodron
13 posters

Go down

Ranks and Expectations... being met? Empty Ranks and Expectations... being met?

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:30 am

I have noticed that there are some people who have NOT been meeting the basic requirements of their rank.
Jolly: rarely reps, rarely communicates in GC, TS or Forum, only seems to ask people to join groups with another guild (SAS)
Daph: rarely communicates in GC, TS or Forum.. seems uninterested in joining parties..
Spectrik: I rarely see him online anymore... don't hear anything about him either
Jonjodouin: rep's a lot.. but is not vocal in anything
Pseudonym: reps occasionally, rarely communicates in GC, TS or Forum
Mason: was very active but seems to have been immersed in another game and rarely joins us.
Beauty of Wine: rep's a lot, not vocal in anything.
I bring these names up mainly because of their rank, I understand there have been A LOT of changes over this last month which I honestly believe have all been for the best.
AoL has been moving in a very positive direction, it comes at a price however.. we need to be more strict on who gets promoted, who retains their rank and who may need to be demoted.
It is very hard looking past personal friendships, histories and loyalties but as officers we need to be unbiased and concentrate on what is required as stipulated by our detailed requirements.
I really don't want to be the bad guy (lady) here.. but we spent A LOT of time and had input from everyone and anyone who wished to have a say on our ranks and expectations.. I think we really need to be firmer on this.
I will be requesting responses to this post, I would like your opinions and what your course of action would be.

I remind you all: A requirement of an officer is to develop well thought out responses to important topics within a week of posting.

Last edited by Dragnix Pheodron on Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female
Guild : Army of Lightness (AoL)
Number of posts : 522
City : Melbourne, Australia
Registration date : 2014-06-08

Back to top Go down

Ranks and Expectations... being met? Empty Re: Ranks and Expectations... being met?

Post by Grawnaw Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:49 am

Here obviously a simple "Acknowledged" will not suffice.
Now of those few names that I am familiar with I agree with what you have stated, as officers we have a responsibility and as a "Ranked" member it also holds some responsibility, now I understand we can have a few acceptions [example]
If people are in different servers, they may join another guild briefly to WvW, but on these instances some very simple communication is all that's needed "Hey I haven't been repping lately due to WvW as I cant join you"
I think I have covered my thoughts.

Grawnaw
Level 15

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness
Number of posts : 158
City : Melbourne
Hobbies : Gaming, Drawing, Handyman stuff,

Back to top Go down

Ranks and Expectations... being met? Empty Re: Ranks and Expectations... being met?

Post by worf warrior Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:58 am

Your right, all those you have named I have not seen or spoken with them in some time now.
I know there are a few people on different time zones but that's no excuse for not repping or no chat as there is always going to be someone in there zone.
personaly maybe marking those who do not rep a lot as allies. also I have noticed that there is still a lot of members that have not been on in over a month(some will have reasons) but most I see online is a Saturday night but still only about 50-60 people?? wheres the other 350+ members???... just my thoughts Smile
worf warrior
worf warrior
Level 32

Guild : aol
Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2012-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonic cassandra Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:26 pm

Totally agree with you guys,Don`t think i`ve even played with some of these guys but i personally would like to see them become more active in guild chat and rep us alot more,since i`ve joined aol i have seen alot of changes in all aspects of Gw2 and it`s defo moving forward for the best but thats due to people being active in guild chat and repping an getting involved in everything that Aol has to offer.,( LOVE YOU AOL) Smile Smile Smile .
Demonic cassandra
Demonic cassandra
Level 21

Male
Guild : aol the best
Number of posts : 212
City : Antrim
Hobbies : Gaming-Fishing-an more Gaming lol.
Registration date : 2015-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:12 am

My 2 cents for now, but aren't some of them allowed to have their own elite dungeon guild for a while until they become super roxxors and come back to AoL?
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Ozone Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:16 pm

As to the people mentioned the only one I know personally is Wine. He as always been quiet almost to the point of shy for the several years that I have played with him. If being vocal a requirement for the rank, then he must be spoken with. The others it looks like may be losing interest with the game because of the delayed release of the new content. A guild spokesperson could contact them and see what there future plans are. If they are unsure of what they want they should be placed in the appropriate rank..
Captain Ozone
Captain Ozone
Level 5

Male
Guild : The Warlords Destruction
Number of posts : 53
City : Thousand Oaks
Hobbies : Video Games, Martail Arts, Golf
Registration date : 2010-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Midway Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:26 pm

Speak with them, let them know whats up. If we do demote them. Let them know its not a bad thing. But with the xpac a few months away. I know people are sorta pulling a little back from the game. Mostly so they don't get burnt out.

I was gonna suggest a post of some sort. But i really can't think of a way to word it. For members who are sorta taking a back seat to the game until the xpac is launched. Inform them, if they're gonna be on less or going to be involved in other games. Until the xpac. Then they'll be demoted. Wtih the new regulations and all.

But this keeps coming off all wrong. Maybe someone else might have a thought?
Midway
Midway
Level 40

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2014-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:59 am

I'll post again but I'm pretty sure Jolly and Daph have a hall pass to experiment with something related to dungeon runs.

Spec has posted that he's gonna be mostly away because he can't find anything so fun in the game anymore but he'll be back.

Wine, Pseudo, Nemac... Not much to say, they're buddies. I do know that Nemac is busy with his police academy stuff... So he may not be all that talkative when he gets online. Wine has also been on the quiet side since GW1 days... But he's always around and usually joins guild missions and things.
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:33 am

I've asked this before.  We have decided that officer positions should not be used as honorary ranks.  However, do we have a place for long running members that are in good standing and are well respected?  I think Squire can be that place.  Now, the question of someone frequently repping another guild is another issue.  That begs the question of being in good standing.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by seamonster Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:25 pm

I agree with Beau on this.
seamonster
seamonster
Level 21

Male
Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Midway Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:28 pm

I think that sounds fair. What Beau said.
Midway
Midway
Level 40

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2014-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Of Battle Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:40 am

I agree with Midway. With the expansion coming out, it might be that some people may be trying some other stuff before getting totally involved with the new expansion.

The dungeon experiment explains why I haven't seen Jolly on TS for a while, I guess. I've seen Daph on TS a few times but he's usually on another channel doing something else.

Lord Of Battle
Level 3

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2013-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:53 am

I have had a discussion with Jolly, she has said everything is fine but she finds SW is more interesting for her atm.
I have demoted her to Soldier while she isn't repping us, I have offered the re-promotion if she is able to come back and join us.
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:10 am

I have temporarily demoted Pseu, Mason, Spec and Jolly.
I have let them know they are able to get back their ranks as soon as they are able to meet the requirements.

I like that many of you have taken time to post here, but there are still several who have not....
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Durnik Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:46 am

I agree with asking them why they have not been meeting the minimum requirements. In most cases demoting them seems to be the optimum course of action. I would however like to stress the fact of ensuring you do all you can to contact them prior to demotion to give them a chance to explain. demoting without contact just seems like a breach of faith and could cause hurt feelings.
Durnik
Durnik
Level 10

Male
Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Flynx Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:02 pm

Please leave Wine alone. He has been dealing with cancer treatments and since its in his throat he doesn't get on TS often and when he does he tries to speak as little as possible.
Flynx
Flynx
Level 32

Male
Number of posts : 322
City : Connecticut...close enuff
Hobbies : GW...and then other less significant games
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:17 pm

We have established that we will use Squire as an Honorary Rank.. wine 100% deserves this speciality.
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by worf warrior Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:38 am

I agree kara as honorary rank wine defo and although I also believe divine coffee who also has been with us since gw1(must be honest he has been offline for a while but is back with us)in fact he brought me and mrs tech to AOL... also I would like to apologise for not keeping up with my own duties as I have been working on our backup teamspeak that is taking me a lot of time lol all these rooms are going to be great for training new people as they have all got good descriptions for game play . come check it out anytime armyoflightness.servebeer.com
worf warrior
worf warrior
Level 32

Guild : aol
Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2012-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Inuyashapup Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:11 am

Midway wrote:Speak with them, let them know whats up. If we do demote them. Let them know its not a bad thing. But with the xpac a few months away. I know people are sorta pulling a little back from the game. Mostly so they don't get burnt out.

I was gonna suggest a post of some sort. But i really can't think of a way to word it. For members who are sorta taking a back seat to the game until the xpac is launched. Inform them, if they're gonna be on less or going to be involved in other games. Until the xpac. Then they'll be demoted. Wtih the new regulations and all.

But this keeps coming off all wrong. Maybe someone else might have a thought?

I agree with this! I understand the new requirements but to communicate is key.
I'm sure once the expansion comes up everything will flourish for the better.
Inuyashapup
Inuyashapup
Level 8

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2014-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down